Philosophy and Goals –Mission Statement
Our basic philosophy is to offer training to prepare successful graduates with the skills needed to secure employment in cosmetology arts and sciences, the massage field, and /or other related fields and/or unrelated fields. With this in mind, we continually survey the profession to keep abreast of current trends, designs and techniques required by employers. Teachers give “individual” as well as “class” instruction. This combination helps serious students to realize their goals.
The highest academic and career standards are maintained to assure graduates of superior capability in their profession. The curriculum is flexible enough to allow for new procedures and techniques as they are developed, yet solid enough to maintain high academic standards. The final objective is, of course, to graduate students who will secure and retain employment and advance their profession.
Lancaster Beauty School is owned by Gail Miner, and is under her directorship. Gail Miner has been active in all phases of the cosmetology profession for over 30 years as a teacher, financial aid officer, director, administrator, and school owner.
Lancaster Beauty School is located at 44646 North 10th Street West, close to the center of town. The school has a parking area of over 36,000 square feet. In the school there are designed areas for Freshmen, Seniors, theory, manicuring, barbering and facials. There is also a student lounge, patio, facial room and library. The school accommodates approximately 200 students at any one time in an area of 10,675 square feet. Administrative Office is located at 44636 10th Street West.
The school’s facilities and equipment are modern in design and function. The atmosphere provides an ideal environment for learning the profession of beauty and cosmetology.
The Lancaster Beauty School was founded in 1960. The intent of the school has been to provide the Antelope Valley with a quality educational and training program in all phases of cosmetology.
Our school and faculty are active in the following organizations:
- California Cosmetology Association
- California Teachers’ Association
- National Federation of Independent Businesses. Inc.
- Lancaster Chamber of Commerce
- American Association of Cosmetology Schools
- Regional Occupational Program
- California Association of Private Postsecondary Schools
The College is approved by the Board of Barbering and Cosmetology, State of California, as a training institution to qualify graduates for State Licenses, as a Cosmetologist, or Cosmetology Instructor, a Manicurist or an Esthetician. The College is also approved or registered with agencies which provide financial or other assistance to students.
- State Department of Rehabilitation
- United States Department of Education
- WIA – Work Enforcement Act
- Board of Barbering and Cosmetology
- Bureau for Private Post Secondary Vocational Education – 1625 North Market Blvd. Suite S-202, Sacramento, CA 95834 Tel. 916-574-7720
- Department of Consumer Affair – 1625 North Market Blvd. Suite N112, Sacramento, CA 95834 800-958-5210 – Currently under the AB15 and SB45 Voluntary Agreement with the provision of the expired law – The owner has signed a Voluntary Agreement with the Director of the Consumer Affairs agreeing to comply with all state statures, rules, and regulations pertaining to private postsecondary institutions in effect as of the close of business on June 30, 2007.
- Veterans Affairs
This Institution is accredited by the National Accrediting Commission of Cosmetology Arts and Sciences, the agency recognized by the United States Secretary of Education for cosmetology schools. As an accredited institution, qualified students may receive financial assistance for tuition and other costs through the Title IV Financial Aid Programs.
National Accreditation Commission of Cosmetology Arts and Sciences, 4401 Ford St., Suite 1300, Alexandria, VA 22302. Tel. 703-600-7600. for details, contact the Director.